Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My reflection on Analogy...

Okay...Now I’m trying to get down to finding the analogies. So far, what i know of analogies is that there are 2 types- Logical and Psychological. Hmmm..I still don’t really get what they mean exactly, but I’ll try to explain what I know yea.

Logical analogies consist of design and functional analogies, meaning that these analogies are obvious and easy to understand. One look and you’ll know what that picture is saying, the message it’s trying to convey.

Psychological analogies play with our perceptions, our viewpoints, our minds. It is not easy to understand what the message is all about, because such analogies usually comes from the creator’s emotions, his own thoughts and feelings. Psychological analogies are sensory, born from emotions, they are symbolic, metaphors, or even fantasy. Most abstract art are psychological analogies.

My creative process...When I first think about a problem, there’ll be many MANY ideas popping into my head at once...really they all come suddenly! But most of the ideas are really just random thoughts, and might not really work in the end, or maybe they can work, but are not good enough=( After the blizzard of ideas, I’ll find myself in a rut, and the thoughts will stop coming just as suddenly as they came . urgh. You know how that feels...or maybe you don’t, since you’re our cher =p

When I find myself stuck (!) I’ll naturally begin to look around...at other people’s ideas. Not really to copy, but yet maybe also in some sense, because as I said before, we all learn by copying. =p Sometimes, from looking around, I’ll think of new ideas or better ideas. But dunno why hor nowadays I just feel a LITTLE BIT intimidated after seeing other people’s brilliant ideas. Lol...must be of course..too STRESS LAH!!