Saturday, November 21, 2009

Week 4-----The Stress Monster Attacks!

I know i know! My blogging is late by a week =p! Last week was HECTIC.. quite a few submissions. My brain juice was sucked dry by the HTI essay assignment! Still managed to pump out something thought, hope its okay=)

So.. We were supposed to check in for the lesson with this deep doodle(oh ya, I read up on the deep doodle instructions and found it quite interesting...something i’d like to do IF I got more free time! =p) of how our emotions changes when we’re doing things we learn well, and things we don’t.

It was soo easy to think of something I didn’t learn well, but in this case, since it was school and all, I picked Illustrator. It was a HORROR when I started learning it in class last Sem! I couldn’t keep up with what the teacher was doing AT ALL...*click, click, click! They make it seem so easy when they do it. BUT, when I tried, everything just goes wrong. Maybe the com doesn’t really like me??....hmm... So I dreaded every lesson, and AFTER every lesson I was totally deflated =( This is where the negative mindsets sets in. Especially when the others(classmates) seem to get the hang of it immediately..(geniuses, they must be!). Whenever I feel disappointed in myself, the emotions will gather in my stomach...or around there. No appetite to eat then...terrible! And in my mind I’ll keep thinking about how lousy I was, not being able to do it...

Now for the happy things, things I learnt well. I thought about it, and realised that things i learnt WELL might not necessarily mean I’m really good at it, it just simply means I’m HAPPY =) while doing it. Of course, If i’m happy, i’ll naturally do better. Learning the guitar was something I really enjoyed...at first, it was rough, and I did feel quite depressed when I realised my progress was slow. But then slowly, and I didn’t even realise, it got better =) I didn’t feel stressed while learning how to play a tune, or memorise a note. It was all at my own time. And there were no high expectations, just little milestones I achieved as I go along. It is FUN =) Having a positive mindset really helped, and the encouragement from my friends too, of course! If I’m feeling positive, I’ll feel excited that I will improve, and the feeling builds up in my chest...Its like I’m BLOATED=) In a good way. Kinda like floating, feet not touching the ground.. Wheeeee!!!
I don’t really understand the creativity map thing, but is it like an analogy of how I learn? I suppose so>? I’ll try to think of that and let you know =)